Are you a member of OPSEU Local 500?
Have you been thinking about getting involved with your local?
Do you want to expand your knowledge of the steward’s role?
Sign up for the OPSEU Region 5 Weekend Educational!
Date: June 8th (9 am to 5 pm) & 9th (9 am – 4 pm), 2019
Location: Sheraton Toronto Airport, 801 Dixon Road, Toronto
Application deadline: March 22, 2019, 4:00 pm
Among the topics available:
- Stewards 1: Making a Difference in the Workplace
- Stewards 2: Facing the Employer, Building Member Involvement
- Basic Grievance Handling for Union Building
- Duty to Accommodate: A Tool for Inclusive Workplaces
- Dealing with Workplace Conflict
- Health and Safety: Level One
- Local Treasurers Course
- Indigenous Journey 2
Full attendance is mandatory for participants at the educational. If you are unable to attend with full attendance without an acceptable reason, you may not receive credit for the course and your expenses may not be paid.
Lost wages are NOT being provided for this educational.